Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Vacation...Alone!!










Yes, you read it right, Andrew and I were blessed with TWO full days and nights alone - in a hotel - in the Black Hills. Did I mention we were alone?! My parents and my sister watched our kids while Andrew and I attended the SD Family Practitioners Conference in Spearfish. It was amazing! We were able to attend some lectures, do some hiking in Spearfish Canyon, spend some time with a few friends and my favorite, just enjoy being childless! I'll be honest, I did miss them a little but definitely enjoyed myself. I can't wait to schedule our next little retreat!




2 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

What a beautiful hike! That is so awesome that you got the weekend away! That sounds really nice... maybe when Paisley's a little bigger I can convince my mom to babysit...:) Good for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Spearfish Canyon looks beautiful! So glad that we could help you out and give you some time to yourselves! Every relationship needs that once in awhile! I'm available 365 days a year...just give me a hollar!!!! I had a blast!!! -Sarah