Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!








Elizabeth celebrated her 2nd birthday this past weekend! Although she already had one party in Rapid, we tried to make the day somewhat special. (So honestly, all summer I'd had big ideas about having a huge, themed birthday party. But ... with all of the baby issues ... and the fact that a big party would cost me more money than I have right now .... I gave up the idea. Harder than you'd think but actually totally worth it since she's really only turning two and the party would've been more for me than her! Plus, this way I have an excuse for a big party next year!! Haha!) Elizabeth actually wore her silk headband I'd bought her (huge accomplishment since she normally refuses to let me do anything with her hair!) and we went over to the Burbach's for a BBQ. The kids had a blast in the pool, the food was great, and the burned cake wasn't as bad as I was afraid of!!

I get emotional when I think about how much Elizabeth has changed in the past year! (I suppose this could have something to do with the pregnancy hormones...) Time goes by so fast! I could go on journaling now but won't bore you with my roller coaster mom emotions! How about I just share the cute pics of Elizabeth on her birthday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you can definatley tell you have to prego hormones! haha! Just giving you crap girl!! She looked so ADORABLE! Love the head band! I wish I could have been there to celebrate this year! Next year we will just have to have a big party!! She is getting so big and growing up so fast! She gets cuter by the day!! :) :) -Sarah