Just in case there's anyone who actually checks out our blog, I must apologize for my lack of blogging! The past couple months have been packed full of travels and new experiences. I am hoping to update the blog with all of our activities soon but until then I wanted to fill you in on our next year. Some of you have asked for our schedule so here goes!
Andrew took his Step II test August 13th in Sioux Falls and the CS test in Chicago August 18th. We won't hear results for a few more weeks so keep the prayers rolling!
Currently, Andrew is doing 4 weeks of Internal Medicine in Yankton and then another week of Pharmacy in Yankton.
September 28th Andrew starts a 4-week rotation at Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland, Oregon. Plans are still in the making for housing. We've debated finding housing to fit our entire family or just Andrew and I think we've decided Andrew will go alone and I will visit for a week.
October 26th Andrew will begin another 4 weeks in Lacrosse, Wisconsin for a surgery rotation. The hospital provides housing for him. The kids and I will visit for a couple 3-day weekends.
November 23 begins interview season. Andrew is hoping for a good 10-15 interviews and has left the month of December open to win the hearts of an amazing surgery residency!
December 21 Andrew is back in Yankton for 2 weeks of radiology.
The first two weeks of January are open for more interviews.
January 18 is a week of Anesthesia followed by two weeks of ER both in Yankton.
February 8 is a scheduled 4-week rotation in Sturgis. We are debating switching this to Vermillion depending on our exhaustion level and how Elizabeth is doing with preschool. If we do go to Sturgis, my parents have again graciously offered their house.
March 8 is Opthamology in Yankton. OH and don't forget only the most important day of our year... Match day! This is when we will find out whether Andrew was accepted for a surgery residency and where... The taste of vomit is already in my mouth from nerves over this day!
March is filled with four weeks between Yankton and Vermillion with random rotations of Anatomy, Urology, Neurology, and ENT.
April 12 begins a month in Kenya Africa for our whole family! We are in the application process with Africa Inland Missions.
May 7 = GRADUATION!!
Whew, I am exhausted already. This year will definitely be exciting! Thanks for all of your prayers and support!!
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Funny, I did a post so similiar to this as few weeks ago! Best of luck to you guys this upcoming year! It's already been a crazy ride! (Troy's in MN and we've been meeting up in Sioux Falls on the weekends). Next he'll be in Ohio for 3 weeks, and we won't see him, but then he'll be home!
Good luck to Andrew with his interviews. I'm sure he'll be awesome and people will be fighting to have him at their program! Any idea where you'd "like" to end up for residency? Not that we have much of a choice, right?
Anyway, good luck this year, and I can't wait to see you guys in May! And, have a great time in Africa!
I check your blog almost everyday so yes people do look at it! I'm exhausted from reading that! Sounds like you guys are going to be super busy!!!! Keep your chin up girl and tell Andrew I'm thinking about him through all of this! Everything will work out! Still can't believe Africa is in there! Nervous and jealous for you!! Hopefully you can find time in all the crazyness to come visit your favorite sister!!!!! :) Love you and miss you girl!
Oh my word, they require a lot of traveling for Andrew's schooling! Hang in there lady! Tell Andrew good luck from me and that I am sure he will do great at all he does!
Post a Comment