Friday, October 02, 2009

July finally!

July 09 001

Andrew finished up his 3rd year of medical school and geared up for... study mode. Ugh. But, this meant more time together as a family. Here's Alex on his bike (this is a daily endeavor). Note the shoes... a few sizes too big? pink? Yes, this too is common.

The next picture is what the kids refer to as "TICKLE TIME." I'm sure you can guess but this is their favorite time of the day!July 09 009

This is not one of my brighter moments... leave the kids alone downstairs with a box of cereal on the counter. Only 5 minutes and the damage was done:July 09 010

Fourth of July at an arts festival in Sioux City with great friends... July 09 013 July 09 017

To describe the Elk Point Fireworks Show as intense is a huge understatement! The show was in a baseball field (little league size) and we sat right behind the dug-out. The kids loved it!! I was worried because the kids didn't blink once AND we were literally being showered with ashes.  And by ashes I mean black soot. We all left speechless. Only in South Dakota...!!

July 09 022

The River! Sam (my soon to be sister-in law!!!) talks nJuly 09 029onstop about going to the river in the summer and I finally made it out  with her. We took her parents boat to a sand bar for lunch and swimming. I'll be honest... I prefer the lake! Yikes, the current was strong. The kids had a blast with Uncle Mike and got a kick out of riding in a "boat you don't have to paddle"! Thanks to Sam and her family for sharing this with us.

July 09 027

No comments: