Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A visit to the Black Hills

While Andrew was studying for his Step II, the kids and I decided to give him some quiet time and visit family and friends in Rapid. Little did we know our scheduled 2 weeks away would turn in to a month!

July 09 036

Our time started with a weekend camping with my folks. I'd planned on staying in a tent but instead we reaped the rewards of having a mom who's life has been dedicated (:D) to campers. She was able to "borrow" a camper for us all to stay in. Andrew decided to drive out for the weekend, Mike and Sam were around for the summer, and my cousin Nels happened to be traveling through too. We had a great time together!

July 09 040

July 09 041

Since mom is known for her crazy girl scout fire-building abilities... I made sure the kids got a lesson. (These genes didn't seem to be passed on to me...) They had a blast and Elizabeth was so proud of her job!

July 09 042 July 09 043

No comments: