I try to squeeze in as many visits to Union Center as I can but unfortunately it doesn't seem to happen as often as I'd like. Courtney, as always, was an amazing host and I had a blast relaxing at her beautiful house.
In undergrad, there were three of us girls who hit it off and soon became my best friends. Courtney, Michelle, and I started our own small group (only 3 of us) but dug deeper than I'd ever been with Christian friends. We went through The Ultimate Makeover by Sharon Jaynes and it was a huge growing experience for me.
Anyway, we decided 5 years was too long to go without a visit so Michelle flew all the way from Chicago to visit us in Union Center for Courtney's birthday! When we picked her up for the airport we decided to make welcome signs. Who would've guessed that the two moms chose crayons and construction paper? The signs read, "Welcome Mic," "We Love You Mic," and my favorite was Elizabeth's, "Who's Mic?" Times have changed but the few days together just further revealed to me that these ladies will be my SICS (sisters in Christ... what we used to call each other) for life!
Courtney's husband surprised (until I spoiled it...ugh) her with 4 tickets to see Taylor Swift.
No comments:
Post a Comment