August flew by almost as fast as September and it seems I’m going for a monthly blog post lately…
Elizabeth counted down the days (starting at 28!) to her 5th birthday. Not only did she celebrate half a decade of life in August, she also learned to ride her bike without training wheels (in a formal dress of course), started Kindergarten, and got almost as many mosquito bites as she had in Africa! Princess Elizabeth, you have an amazing ability to push all my buttons and make my heart swell with love and pride at the same time!
Lets go! A weekend of call for Andrew and my best friend moving to a new city made for a perfect time for a road trip. I cant believe how many times I’ve said this in the past 5 years but I have the most amazing friends! Carrie and Kim not only agreed to spend the weekend with my kiddos in Vermillion while I went to Omaha, they also took the kids to the city fair and threw them both a huge birthday party. I love you ladies!
In Omaha, I bunked with Al in the infamous hotel room 132 and helped her set up a 3rd grade classroom (ok, truth be told, I cut laminates and stapled them on the walls…). I love this lady and the fact that we’re both going through such similar transitions lately makes our bond stronger than ever (there’s some cheese for you Allison! <3).
“Mom, how many am I again?” Although Alexander may hold up any assortment of fingers to show you how old he is, the boy is awful proud of being 3! We spent Andrew’s golden weekend (no call) camping at a nearby state park for Alex’s birthday. The kid was ecstatic to not only spent the weekend camping, fishing, and canoeing, but the fact that we took our “fast truck” sealed the deal! African mosquitoes wouldn’t stand a chance against the Wisconsin swarms! Eeeks, we spoiled South Dakotans struggled to enjoy being outside there were so many bites at all hours of the day.
Alex not only turned 3 in August, but also started riding a bus to preschool 4 days a week. He absolutely loves every minute! Alexander, you may be full of mischief and drama but I can’t help but adore your hilarious demeanor and loving heart!
A call free weekend ahead of us, Andrew and I stayed up later than normal watching a few shows online and were just about to go to bed when our doorbell rang…. we were speechless at who was standing on our doorstep! Nic (post call) and Allison (after working all week) surprised us by driving all the way from NE to WI for a weekend together!! Amazing people and amazing friendships!! A weekend of relaxing, laughing, apple orchards, cooking, and camp chairs made for a perfect couple days off!! We adore you both so much and can't wait for our next weekend together!
3 comments:
You got a truck?!? Not sure I believe it is yours.
Christine, I always enjoy reading your updates! You have such a beautiful family! I love getting to keep track of you all at least a little. :)
Love your blog updates, CV! Only bad thing is, they make me miss you more!!
Post a Comment