Friday, June 01, 2007

Getting settled in Rapid




We will spend our three month break from med school in Rapid. Andrew's working for the Black Hat Hand crew fighting fire. He's loving being outside everyday and is enjoying the fire experience. I'm working about 20 hours a week cleaning campers and houses. I love the independence and extra income but still look forward to my days off with Elizabeth. She's been going to daycare at a small, home daycare and is doing great! It's taken us a few weeks for her to settle into the new routine - sleeping is always a challenge with her - but she's loving all of the extra attention from family. (And I'm definitely loving the extra help!) We're living with my parents ... which is also where my sister and her husband (and cat) are staying until they buy a house and my brother (who, poor thing, has to sleep on a futon in the family room!) are living. It's definitely crowded but I love sitting down to dinner and being able to chat with everyone! My belly grows daily and this kid sure loves to practice kickboxing day and night. With all of my friends here starting to have their babies, I'm getting anxious for September! We're looking forward to the rest of the summer in Rapid and would love to have visitors - just send me an email and we can get together!!

No comments: