


In Montana, we spent a day hiking to the top of Castle Rock. We started out thinking it was a quick, easy hike that would take a couple hours. In fact, I recall Randy telling me that, "Old ladies with their walkers hike this trail." Well....we soon discovered the hike was a bit more intense than he had explained. There was a constant, steep incline and the trail went on forever!! Because we expected a short hike, none of us had coats. Of course, it decided to storm on us about half way up. All of us wanted to figure out what and where the top was so we kept hiking. Andrew took off trying to find the top his own way (with Elizabeth on his back, with no water, and no coat..!) ... and didn't make it to the top for awhile... (made me a tad bit nervous!). I was so amazed at how wonderful little Laeton did on the hike - he didn't complain once! In fact, Shirley and I complained more than him!! I couldn't believe how out of shape I was and how hiking was so much more difficiult pregnant! Besides this hike and the trip to Yellowstone, the guys also went on a hike to Man Gulch which they all enjoyed. Our time visiting went way too fast!
1 comment:
It is sooooooo beautiful up there! That hike looked amazing!! Getting a little bit jealous..... -Sarah
Post a Comment