Tuesday, January 06, 2009

O Christmas Tree

December 08 027 (2)

Yippee! This year was super exciting not only because we got to spend Christmas at home, but mainly because it meant we could get our first Christmas tree. Andrew was a good sport and kept his mouth shut (for the most part!). If you're confused, feel free to ask him his opinion of Christmas trees... expect an ear-full! Being my first, this tree taught me many lessons.

1. Do NOT try to use lights the way mom does - she has a special gift that I don't have!! 8 hours and 10 strands of lights later, I finished the lights.

2. Wear gloves unless you want soar, red speckled, and sticky hands for a week.

3. Do NOT buy the tree from HyVee 4 weeks before Christmas. It WILL die. Soon.

The kids (and I!) loved looking at our tree every day! Alexander was almost better at not touching than Elizabeth.

December 08 025 (2)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha gotta love life lessons! mom must have special talents!! i thought your tree was amazing! good job girl!!