Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let the festivities begin!!

The weeks leading up to our two weeks of visitors seemed to crawl! Our families volunteered to drive hundreds of miles just to spend time with us over Christmas while Andrew worked. <3  Mom and Dad showed up a week before Christmas just in time for Elizabeth’s first ballet recital and the kids Christmas program at church.

Holidays 2010 065

Holidays 2010 063Holidays 2010 064

Holidays 2010 061

Holidays 2010 052 Holidays 2010 054

Aunt Barb showed up next followed by Mike and we spent the week relaxing and enjoying each other! Mom put together a million puzzles, helped in Elizabeth’s classroom, and baked/decorated tons of cookies with the kids.

Dad spent lots of time snuggling and tickling. Oh, and like the wonderful grandpa he is, dad replaced all the batteries in our toys that were “broken.” :) So thankful for amazing family!!

Holidays 2010 066Holidays 2010 067Holidays 2010 068

Holidays 2010 070Holidays 2010 074

How often did I chant at my brother and now chat to my kids, “I think I can, I think I can…” This year I chanted to myself while attempting to make bread and Grandma’s dinner rolls. Ridiculous how I intimidate myself and swallow lies that I cant do something. Well, not this year! :)

Holidays 2010 076Holidays 2010 080Holidays 2010 086Holidays 2010 077        Holidays 2010 099

Because my parents had to leave the day after Christmas and since we didn't have a huge group, I decided this year we would eat our big family meal on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, Andrew was paged in right before we sat down to eat. He was able to be home by 9:30 Christmas morning and spent all day Saturday at home. I loved not spending most of Christmas day in the kitchen but instead on the floor with the kids or cuddling on the couch!

Holidays 2010 098Holidays 2010 097

Be afraid, be very afraid. No seriously. The guy is in the process of getting new eyeballs and at any moment can be nearly blind … and yet he’s carrying what kind of gun? “The sound alone would make anyone run.” Eeeks! :) Someone’s spoiled!

Holidays 2010 095Holidays 2010 089    

Holidays 2010 105

1 comment:

Sarah and Addyson said...

Looks like you guys all had a blast and your family is beautiful Christine! Hopefully Addy and I can join ya'll next year!