Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Rock On!

September 09 024

Making the most of our drive north, we met up with our friend Travis (Andrew's classmate) after the zoo. Palisades the chosen destination, climbing the plan. I'll be honest... the rock drop offs did make me rather nervous! (Mom and Dad would've been beside themselves! Especially when we were chasing bubbles. JK...sort of...sorry! I do my best to protect your grandchildren, really.) As always, the kids were amazing!

September 09 018

The park was a tad busy and there were only a few spots left to choose from... Wouldn't you know Travis and Andrew chose the one that started above water. I was fairly nervous but Elizabeth made her dad proud by asking to climb.

September 09 021

September 09 025

Game faces, boys!

September 09 012

I caught Alexander "disciplining" (I'll explain the quotations...) his dog. This dog is now part of our family as it goes everywhere with us: from the store to the bathroom to the Palisades. At first I thought, ah cute. The puppy is in trouble so he has to sit in time out. Then Alex is screaming and shaking his finger at the pup. THEN he throws the poor pooch against the rocks and stomps on him!! Okay folks, I promise I do not discipline my children this way!! Oh my!

September 09 014 September 09 023

Like I said, the kids did great but towards the end, after I cut off the bubble blowing, they got a little bored...

September 09 028

Before heading to Vermillion for a friend's birthday party, we stopped at Travis' place to visit the infamous pear tree. The anticipation for this tree was not over exaggerated in the slightest! The pears were delicious and Andrew had a blast climbing and picking the tree.

We decided on the drive home that maybe we had overbooked our weekend with family fun activities... We still had the Watermelon Carnival at our church the next day!

No comments: