Well I can now check off one major parenting milestone... Elizabeth started preschool this past Monday! She heads off Monday through Thursday 8-11:30. The first week has been a big transition for all of us but yesterday on our way home she blew me away by singing her entire ABC's clearly, plus a new song about the days of the week, and a couple more I couldn't understand. She was a little nervous the first day but the rest of the week went great! What blew me away with our first day was how hard it was for me! If you know me at all, I've never had a problem leaving my kids with others or even leaving them for days at a time. So I was shocked by the flood of what I'm assuming are "mommy" emotions I went through! My little baby was at school. What if she didn't know what was going on? What if the teacher couldn't understand her? Do they know she needs help washing her hands? Will the other kids like playing with her? Will she play with the other kids? ... On and on my worries went until I let it go. God is with her and He's with me and I can't let my own worries and doubts overtake my mind and our lives. Whoofta. Way to go Elizabeth!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Elizabeth's First Day of Preschool
Well I can now check off one major parenting milestone... Elizabeth started preschool this past Monday! She heads off Monday through Thursday 8-11:30. The first week has been a big transition for all of us but yesterday on our way home she blew me away by singing her entire ABC's clearly, plus a new song about the days of the week, and a couple more I couldn't understand. She was a little nervous the first day but the rest of the week went great! What blew me away with our first day was how hard it was for me! If you know me at all, I've never had a problem leaving my kids with others or even leaving them for days at a time. So I was shocked by the flood of what I'm assuming are "mommy" emotions I went through! My little baby was at school. What if she didn't know what was going on? What if the teacher couldn't understand her? Do they know she needs help washing her hands? Will the other kids like playing with her? Will she play with the other kids? ... On and on my worries went until I let it go. God is with her and He's with me and I can't let my own worries and doubts overtake my mind and our lives. Whoofta. Way to go Elizabeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She looks so big! I can't believe it...pre-school already! I love how Alex is grinning in the background!!!
Post a Comment