Friday, August 29, 2008

Kansas City here we come!



















Andrew was planning on attending the American Academy of Family Physicians conference in Kansas City but surprised us by asking the school if the kids and I could come. They paid for our entire trip! We had a blast - its difficult to choose between all the great pictures and stories I have! Our room was wonderful; Andrew had a great time visiting with the MANY residency programs to choose from; the kids and I slept, relaxed (and as pictured, Elizabeth chatted it up on the phone for quite some time! :)), shopped, and played tourist; and we were able to spend time together as a family! One day the kids and I checked out downtown Kansas City's Hallmark shopping center where they have a huge water fountain park that local children can jump and play in. Just before we left, they made all the kids get off/out of the fountains and we got to watch an awesome water display to a classical song - totally cool! Then, on to a hands-on kids art gallery/shop where we spent a one-hour session doing anything and everything we could think of in this totally awesome studio for kids! We just hopped station to station trying to take it all in. Then after Andrew finished lectures one day, we headed to the only World War I Memorial which just so happens to be at the top of a ginormous hill... (Did I mention the humidity was 100%+?!) Jenn was at the conference too so we got to spend lots of time with her which was also a huge hit of the trip. Basically the trip was lots of fun packed in to a short time in an awesome city!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats really cool that you guys get to travel so much! Alex's faces are priceless! Elizabeth is such a big girl....talking on the phone just like her aunt! Thats awesome!! Beautiful family!!