
Cliche as it might sound, our special retreat made us realize just how amazing our lives are and how despite our sleepless, stressful, and overwhelming past three years just how alive we are - God is SOOO Good!!
Finishing off our get-away was an exhilarating whitewater rafting experience down a very swollen Gallatin River. The river was too high for us to travel the lower portion so we stuck to what they typical label a slow and peaceful "float." Well with so much water, this was definitely no "float" down the river! Our guide was a hilarious 70-year old hippie who moved originally moved to Montana as a ski bum. He was full of fun and interesting stories and facts and would only stop chewing on his toothpick and story telling to holler at one of us to paddle so we wouldn't be sucked in to a rock! I couldn't understand when they made us gear-up before our trip why we had to not only wear FULL body wetsuits and shoes but also a jacket over top our life vest. Well, after my first shower of Montana glacier water, I understood. Wow we got wet! I wasn't able to get many pictures obviously but tried to snap a couple as we drove off. Back to real life. Except now things seemed somehow different. 
On our third and final day, we woke up, said good-bye to the amazing cabin, and headed out for a day-long adventure. First, horseback riding up a trail complete with switchbacks and all into the National Forest Service. I was hesitant in booking the ride because honestly I couldn't imagine Andrew riding on a pony, wearing an orange helmet, while an acne covered teenager took him on a "ride" around a campground (this is obviously what I expected...). When actually the ride was amazing. Our two guides were very down to earth and fun. We were given freedom to do as we pleased with our horses (even take off galloping..!!). Needless to say we loved the experience and had a ton of fun.



On our third and final day, we woke up, said good-bye to the amazing cabin, and headed out for a day-long adventure. First, horseback riding up a trail complete with switchbacks and all into the National Forest Service. I was hesitant in booking the ride because honestly I couldn't imagine Andrew riding on a pony, wearing an orange helmet, while an acne covered teenager took him on a "ride" around a campground (this is obviously what I expected...). When actually the ride was amazing. Our two guides were very down to earth and fun. We were given freedom to do as we pleased with our horses (even take off galloping..!!). Needless to say we loved the experience and had a ton of fun.

An amazingly gracious couple and friend from Randy & Shirley's church offered their cabin in Big Sky to Andrew and I for a three day retreat! What an unforgettable experience! The "cabin" is elegant yet cozy at the same time and the view is nothing short of amazing. We spent our first and second day/evening doing what any two parents would do with a vacation: sleeping! Waking of course to eat awesome food (we seem to forget how fun and exciting cooking can be without two kids tugging on our legs and offering to "help"!), soak in what I think was the best hot tub I've ever been in, hike up the nearest hill to see more of the amazing view, and spend time simply enjoying each other! Magical.




1 comment:
HOLY COW!! That place is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so jealous! and horseback riding! How fun! Glad you guys got to spend some time just the 2 of you! That is always important!!!
Post a Comment