Friday, August 29, 2008

How many miles? When?!



On a ride together, Andrew randomly mentioned a 150-mile fundraising bike ride Clay had mentioned. After telling me the details and that he was interested in participating he threw out a random comment, "Would you want to do it with me?"


Even he will admit he just said this to be nice because this is something we both know I would never be interested in. Funny enough I kept thinking about the challenging ride and later asked him for more details.


He looked at me and said, "Seriously? You couldn't do it."


So that settled it: I am registered for the MS150 WRATH September 13th.


The Weekend Ride Around The Hills (WRATH) is a 150+ mile ride in the Black Hills organized by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The first day is 100-miles (with optional 30, 50, and 70-mile routes alternatives) through the Southern Hills and the second 80-miles in the Northern Hills. Andrew will ride both days but my goal is to make it through Saturday!


These past weeks I have been training for this crazy and scary ride. I've decided that if I can raise $500 dollars (we're required to raise $200), I will challenge myself to completing the entire 100-miles! If not, I'll wimp out, do the 70-mile route, and shoot for the 100-miles next year.


Are you interested in supporting me and helping out a great cause? Check out my website to donate and check my progress: Christine: WRATH. Of course Andrew is raising money for the ride too so please check out his site too: Andrew: WRATH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh!! To cute!! Trying to look like bikers! haha! Just kidding you guys look great! Good luck girl! You really amaze me!!!