I Came - I Saw - I Conquered!
Andrew competed in his first triathlon at the end of this summer. The Triple V Triathlon is a sprint triathlon in Yankton that includes a 1/4 mile lake swim, 14 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run.
Andrew did awesome, especially for it being his first tri. He ended 6th in his age group (that includes the three I call wannabe pros) and 16th overall! Andrew convinced Jenn to compete with him a week before the race... Lets just say she's going to practice swimming before next year!
![]()
The race was absolutely inspiring to me. Participants had their ages written on their legs and it was amazing to watch a woman rock the swim and then look at her leg and see that she was 43. And the 36-year-old woman who I later over heard tell someone this was her first triathlon in 13 years, after having 7 children! Or the 68-year-old man run through the finish line.
I'm signing up for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment