Friday, May 20, 2011

HALLELUJAH!

[Cue choir music]

Thankfully, my Dad (wiser than I) decided to join me in the mini-van plus 3-kid adventure to Texas! I like to say I could’ve made it just in more time BUT I’m thankful I didn’t have to find this out… Oh, and we didn’t tell Sarah he was coming.

May 11 025 Dad met me in Omaha and we took off early Wednesday morning. After an hour of driving, I called Sarah to have her check the weather for me… She replied with a text picture of the radar screen: A large red strip running the entire length of our 13-hour trip. Lovely.

Again, thanks to Dad, we made it with only one stop due to weather (“To lower the blood pressure a little…”). The kids were amazing and Rebecca only cried for a half an hour in the end. Despite the torrential rains, creepy tornado, and insane lightning, we pulled up to Sarah’s house in record time!

Sarah ran out to the car to greet me only to find Dad hiding in the back seat! And the picture below is proof that it was all worth it!

May 11 023May 11 022

No comments: