Friday, May 20, 2011

Motherhood

Never could I have imagined how much motherhood would challenge, shape, and define who I am as a woman. The past six years have had their ups and downs but I couldn’t be more thankful for every moment spent with these three wonderful children.

May 11 003

Mothers day this year was surprisingly emotional for me as I reflected on how many amazing women I have in my life who have taught, modeled, and helped me navigate my role as a mom. Because this blog is mainly intended to be our family photo album, I will spare you from a chapter reflection on each of these amazing women.

I do want to say that I couldn’t be the mother I am today without Andrew at my side. He supports, encourages, and motivates me to stretch and grow as a person. Andrew, thank you for being such an amazing husband, best friend, and father!

I woke up on Mothers Day thinking of Proverbs 31. This isn’t uncommon for Mothers Day but this year it really spoke to my heart. The first time I read this verse was a month after Andrew and I married. I remember immediately feeling overwhelmed, incapable, and defeated. I immediately surmised that I simply would not fit this description of a woman.

God has slowly worked on my heart in my understanding of this woman and who I am but this day I finally felt peace. I think of all the amazing role models I have in my life who are modeling every facet of the Proverbs 31 woman and can now see how God is slowly molding who I am and teaching me what this woman looks like in me. This Mother’s Day, I was overwhelmed with excitement for the many years to come as he continues to work on my heart and mold me as a woman.

Sorry, random rant that if read too slowly would make my college composition professor cringe! Someday, I hope to write more about my thoughts from this Mothers Day. Until then, I will enjoy every moment cuddling these three kiddos!

No comments: