Friday, May 20, 2011

And then there were five…

In the last few weeks of pregnancy, the doctors noticed our little one stopped growing. They weren’t super concerned but figured if something was wrong, it’d be better to have her out with us instead of hanging out inside me…

We have amazing friends here in La Crosse and I was able to drop Elizabeth off at school like normal knowing my friend would pick her up in the afternoon. Alexander went to our other friend’s house to play with his best friend and later joined up with Elizabeth.

Rebecca Louise 018

I was induced at 9am and after only a couple hours of contractions I went for the epidural. Which. Was. Amazing! Didn’t feel a thing. After another bit, I told them I felt a little funny, they checked, and sure enough she was right there. Two half pushes later I delivered our beautiful and healthy little girl!

Rebecca Louise 023 Rebecca Louise Van Osdol

6# 11oz. 21 - 1/4” long

February 16, 2011  -  5:36pm

Rebecca Louise 028Rebecca Louise 031

Having a midwife this round was slightly different than with our other two. We had a great experience and after I delivered we were left alone for almost an hour, just us two and Rebecca. We didn’t call or text people but instead just spent time together. I’ll never forget that special hour.

Because I was told the day before my induction, my parents jumped in the car early that morning and headed to WI! They arrived only a half hour before Rebecca arrived and were able to quick visit us in the hospital and then pick up the kiddos.  Such a blessing to have them there to visit and help with the kids!

Rebecca Louise 041 Rebecca Louise 043Rebecca Louise 046Rebecca Louise 051

Rebecca Louise 063Rebecca Louise 064Rebecca Louise 065Rebecca Louise 067Rebecca Louise 070 Rebecca Louise 069          Rebecca Louise 086

I instantly fell in love with these petite feet!Rebecca Louise 075

No comments: